The Dolese Brothers (Eugene & Alexandre) formed a partnership on July 9, 1910.  The original
building, now occupied by Robert's Food Store, was built by the Dolese brothers in or around the
year 1915.  The original building was a two-story building which sold just about everything needed.  
There was also a warehouse across Highway 1 on the bayouside that housed all the neccessary
fencing materials and hardware supplies.  The Dolese Brothers' Store sold food, clothes, shoes,
seed, feed, and even saddles.  It was in all aspects a general store.  The store was especially busy at
the end of the local sugarcane harvest season.  Laborers brought in from rural areas of Louisiana
and Mississippi for harvesting would buy supplies and clothing for their families before returning
home.
Above: The Dolese Brothers' Store from Highway 1
Below: The Dolese Brothers' Store bottom floor.  The banisters
and second floor may also be seen in this picture.
On February 1, 1943, Alex "Chock" Dolese (son of Alexandre Dolese) purchased full interest in
Dolese Store from family members.  He operated the store until it was sold to the present owners,
Robert & Lee Tregre in January 1982.  The store, now Robert's Food Store, was closed for 6
weeks to clean-up and to be remodeled.  Robert's Food Store first opened its doors on March 1,
1982.
This picture was taken in 1985.  Parking was limited to the shoulders of Hwy. 1.  The house to
the right was the home of the Alexandre Dolese Family.
This picture was taken in 1987.  The Alexandre Dolese Family home and lot had been purchased
by the Tregre's.  The house was sold, cut in two, moved to Schriever, and reconnected.  The
Tregre's utilized the lot to make a parking lot.
Robert's Food Store underwent major remodeling in 1994.  During the remodeling, the store added
an additional 2,900 square feet and the parking lot was doubled in size.
Dolese Store (1910 - 1982)
Robert's Food Store (1982-present)
The store, now Robert's Food Store, was closed for 6 weeks to clean-up and to be remodeled.  
Robert's Food Store first opened its doors on March 1, 1982.
The Dolese Store, when purchased in Jan. 1982, before clean-up and remodeling.
March 1, 1982.  Robert's Food Store Opening Day.
Left: Robert & Lee admiring a store opening plant.
Right:  Robert opening front door for the first time.
Our Meat Department's humble beginnings.  Opening Day's Inventory consisted of Boiled Ham,
Smoked Ham, and Hillshire Farms Sausage.
Robert's Food Store as it is in the present day.
Robert's Food Store underwent major remodeling in 1994.  During the remodeling, the store added
an additional 2,900 square feet and the parking lot was doubled in size.
Celebrating our 100th year anniversary on July 9, 2010.
Brandon Gregoire and Robert Tregre signing the purchase agreement marking a new chapter for
Robert's Food Store on the store's 100th Anniversary, July 9, 2010.
Brandon Gregoire's first day as the new owner of Robert's Food Store, September 1, 2010.